Monday 17 October 2011

Why won't my battery come out of my car, is their a harness, if so what's the easiest way?

I went to change my car battery today, took the metal things off and tried to lift, nothing. I'm guessing there's some type of harness holding it down, y/n?



I looked and i saw like 3 rusted bolts below my battery, this sucks because my ratchet doesn't have an extension to get that low, there's not enough room between the battery and the car to get a ratchet in there without the proper extension. Is there any other way without the extension and should it come out when I loosen 1 bolt or will it take all 3?



I'm not too car savy so I always like to double check, before doing anything.Why won't my battery come out of my car, is their a harness, if so what's the easiest way?There is a %26quot;jamb%26quot; clip with a long metric in the center facing the firewall of the car. Plan on getting the long extension to remove it along with a can of Blaster rust solvent to spray on the bolt head.



You can replace the short bolt with a special extended jamb clip bolt from your local Ford dealership. It pays to wipe plenty of never-seize on the threads of this bolt because of potential rust from acid from the battery.
Why won't my battery come out of my car, is their a harness, if so what's the easiest way?
The bottom of the battery has two small fin type lookin deals on it, there should be two hold downs with one small bolt in each on each side towards the bottom of the battery.
Why won't my battery come out of my car, is their a harness, if so what's the easiest way?
there should be a bracket by the bottom of the battery... three bolts seem excessive but that may be it. I go buy or borrow an extension. open the package carefully maybe you can take it back if that doesn't work. but your on the right track.
There is a bolt down holder that bites into a groove on your battery this prevents it from moving around. If you loosen the bolt holing the piece of hard plastic then your battery should come free. I suggest you ask a neighbor or friend to borrow a ratchet extension, cause my %26quot;Transporter%26quot; is not working yet!
unhook the battery cables and you should have a hold down bolt on the bottom of where the battery sits at, take it out and it should lift right out.
for the price of the extension you could almost by a new battier and install it if you wear a mech perhapes you might like to go se one to get the job done wright
The battery is fixed in place for safety,just undo the fixing bolts.
It might be possible to use a screwdriver to turn a socket to remove the bolt.
youre gonna need the right too for the job buddy. go to advance auto. they can help. i think they still rent tools