Monday 17 October 2011

I changed my car battery on my KIA Spectra 2002, and I can't get the radio to stop flashing "code".

Does anyone know how to reset the code?

ThanksI changed my car battery on my KIA Spectra 2002, and I can't get the radio to stop flashing %26quot;code%26quot;.What you need to do is

-Remove the radio from the dash, find the model # and serial # from it (write them down, put in glovebox in case it happens again). Reinstall radio.

-Call your nearest Kia dealership, ask for the parts department and ask them for the radio code. They will ask you for the model # and/or serial #. If you are nice enough to them (flirt a little!) they will give it to you free of charge, usually they charge for them. Also, ask them to tell you exactly how to enter it correctly.

-Write it down on the same piece of paper in your glove box.



Good Luck!
I changed my car battery on my KIA Spectra 2002, and I can't get the radio to stop flashing %26quot;code%26quot;.
You will need to get in contact with a kia dealer and quote your chassis number and they will get the security code for your car off their data base for you, each radio is different.
  • drawing a circle
  • connecting database
  •