Friday 7 October 2011

Car battery problems?

I just changed my car battery and I have notice that my old battery is lager in size to my new battery also it looks that some one took the bolts out of the housing what keep the battery in place to make room for the larger battery.



I just took the car for a spin and notice that my battery sign keeps popping up when I push my brakes on my car because the battery is moving about in the housing what can I use to keep it in place.Car battery problems?Go to an auto parts store like Kragens or NAPA and get the right tray and hold down kit to fit your battery, I had one fly off in to my fan one time and it got cut and sprayed acid all over, so be careful.
Car battery problems?
Well your hulk hogan you know everything
Car battery problems?
Go to your parts store and buy a universal hold down kit.
Anyone at a parts store should be able to recommend a device for securing your battery. It's a pretty common problem.
well dont use anything metal.. maybe like styrafoam or something
Most auto stores can provide you with the proper battery securing device for your car. Should not be expensive. If your battery light is coming on, it is not because your battery is moving around. Something else is going on there.
dude you can use elastic bands that come in different sizes or u need to get the right size cause if u don't do something about it the battery can blow up and that wont be Petty
I believe your alternator die. But you didnt tell me what kind of car.

The reason the battery light on on because when the battery is low. and when you hit the brake. The voltage drops and the light noticed that battery is lower than 11 volts. means charging is not working.



or it other possible that battery terminal touch on body .

Is that side or top mount battery post? if side. You better fix it or battery will be shorted out while postive battery side post touch on metal body parts. It can cause battery fire. ( if keep touch for long time peroids)
Yeah, there's a couple of things at play here.



First, secure the battery. If you go in the battery section of any major parts store (perhaps Wal Mart too), you will see a universal battery tie down kit. It has a bar with a bunch of holes in it (which you place over the top/center of the battery) and two long rods with hooks on the end you use to hook into the battery box and thread a nut down on to snug up the support bar. That will settle the battery down.



Now, why would the battery light come on? Probably becasue one of the battery cables is coming out of contact when the battery moves. Once you tie down the battery, check each cable at BOTH ends to see if it is tight and not corroded. Also, take this time to clean the terminals, if you didn't before.



Hope this helps!