Friday 7 October 2011

What do I have to do after I got a new car battery

I just had my battery changed yesterday by AAA,

and today when I was driving in the city,

I stopped at a light, and the engine started to act weird,

the RPM is really low and it doesn't accelerate

(it does move, but I have step the gas all the way down, and the car does this %26quot;jumping%26quot; moves like I am tapping my foot on the gas)

so I immediately drive it into a parking lot and called AAA.

When the AAA guy comes,

he told me that I should drive on the high way for at least 25 miles after the new battery is installed so that the computer can be reset.



is that true? or is it some other problem?



also, if I just clean the battery connection, do I have to do the same?What do I have to do after I got a new car batteryNo the AAA guy is right. It may take a few miles for your car to learn how to run after the battery has been unhooked.It should be back to normal in a few miles.................UJN
What do I have to do after I got a new car battery
Sounds like your fuel pump is going out to me. Because it will pulse gas back and forth like that. Yes, your computer does have to reset itself but it doesn't take but 5 min.
What do I have to do after I got a new car battery
Yes, that is normal for some car. Just drive around town for 15 minutes and computer should reset itself.