Friday 7 October 2011

I changed my car battery but my odometer went from 160,000 to 818,000 anybody knows what caused it?

Hi



That happens every so often on BMW , MBZ and some other vehicles.



The cluster must be removed and reprogrammed with the correct mileage.



There is a light relay module and a C.A.S. module that may also need to be reprogrammed with the correct mileage.



This CAN NOT be done at any BMW dealership.



You must have a speedometer repair house do this.



If a dealer says he can do this work: then he is just sending it out to a speedometer shop or selling you Brand New Parts (very expensive)



I hope this Helps. Good Luck!I changed my car battery but my odometer went from 160,000 to 818,000 anybody knows what caused it?It's just a guess !! .,. But maybe your cars systems just have to get used to the sudden change or jault if you will of being re`newed/charged or even the change !?! I say give it a few days %26amp; then look at the gauges again !! all might atleast like they are back to norm !?! Now you just may want to keep track of many things concerning your car !! such as how often or fast it drinks up a few dollars of fuel before you'd have to re`fill !?! same with oil %26amp; water etc.rRr
I changed my car battery but my odometer went from 160,000 to 818,000 anybody knows what caused it?
Without any more relevant info about your car, all we can guess is that reset of the engine computer by pulling the battery did that job for you.