Wednesday 26 October 2011

I changed battery, oil, break and few more things in my car recently. Now it vibrates too much when I stop.?

I changed battery, oil, break and few more things in my car recently. Now it vibrates too much when I stop.

What may be the reason.? It vibrates while I drive. It is Nissan 2001 car.I changed battery, oil, break and few more things in my car recently. Now it vibrates too much when I stop.?Are the lug nuts properly torqued?
I changed battery, oil, break and few more things in my car recently. Now it vibrates too much when I stop.?
Try checking the engine mounts.
I changed battery, oil, break and few more things in my car recently. Now it vibrates too much when I stop.?
Well If you had the vibration issue before you worked on it, it may be an issue with your ball joints, control arms, or tie rods? If it started after you brake job, check for a frozen brake line, warped rotors, it could also be something as simple as low brake fluid pressure. Hope this helps.
There is either warn or warped brake rotors or a suspension problem.



When is the last time you had your brakes with new shoes/pads and had had the rotors cut? The calipers may need fixing or replacing from grabbing unequally.



Did you recently hit a curb or a bad pot hole?
did you have the rotors resurfaced and make sure the slide bolts are tight



napa can resurface the rotors
recheck ur brakes
loose caliper ? check your work. worn bearings loose rotors.
abs brakes do that when aplied hard and are palsating
have your wheels balanced.
wires. a vacuum leak. or spark plugs not gap right.
If it vibrates only when you are stopped or in a red light, and you see the RPM going down a lot, it's probably something with the combustion, can be like the spark plugs or the injectors or loosen wires.
You've done the brakes? There's your problem. Check the pads are in correctly, if the discs have been removed/replaced, check there's nothing stopping them seating flush on the hubs, and also check there's no corrosion edges on the discs, these will catch on the pads as they rotate.



Hope this helps.
Wheel Bearing/ hubs could be bad, does the ABS light come on while its vibrating?
If the vibration only occurs when you apply the brakes, then you must have put the brakes pads or shoes back on wrong.



There is more to changing the brakes than just just swapping old for new..



The equalisers on the pads need to be ( freed off if jammed ) and the leading edge of any break shoes fitted, need to be ( filed down a little bit ) otherwise the brake shoe will shudder when applying the brakes..



Also the retaining springs could be in the wrong place which again would make the brakes shudder.



The brake job is for an experienced mechanic to do unless you are 100% certain about what you are doing.