Wednesday 26 October 2011

My gas gauge needle did a 360 after I changed my battery and drops down when I turn off the car?1997 Malibu?

I changed my battery and my gas gauge needle did a 360 and bumps the back of the peg. When I turn off the car the needle drops down. What happened and how do I make the gauge normal again?My gas gauge needle did a 360 after I changed my battery and drops down when I turn off the car?1997 Malibu?Did you check if the battery is connected correctly????

You can buy a battery that looks identical to your old batt

but on closer inspection you may notice the pos %26amp; neg battery posts are on different sides from original - look closer.
My gas gauge needle did a 360 after I changed my battery and drops down when I turn off the car?1997 Malibu?
Try taking the battery terminals off your battery for about 5 minutes. this might reset the brain that controls the gauge.
My gas gauge needle did a 360 after I changed my battery and drops down when I turn off the car?1997 Malibu?
UNHOOK BATTERY AND REPLACE GROUNG FIRST THEN POSITIVE
i have had the same problem myself. take a paper clip and bend it to go through the hole around the odometer reset. gently turn the needle counterclockwise back to normal position. it will be fine