Wednesday 26 October 2011

Car battery dies after being in the rain?

I have a 1991 Nissan Maxima and every time it's out in the rain the battery dies. We just got it changed too a few weeks ago but it rained last night and now nothing works. I can't press the button to unlock it and it won't respond at all when trying to start. How can I fix this issue?Car battery dies after being in the rain?Somewhere there is something on the car, maybe a light, that when it rains the rain get to this spot and shorts it to ground and your battery drains. I would look around the lights assemblies for a spot the looks like burnt spots.
Car battery dies after being in the rain?
I would suggest getting a waterproof battery box...that way no rain water gets on the battery...also...check the water level in the battery itself.
Car battery dies after being in the rain?
sounds like a dirty connection at the cables.
get a new car, it's going on 20 years old, man.