Monday 17 October 2011

Why won't my battery come out of my car, is their a harness, if so what's the easiest way?

I went to change my car battery today, took the metal things off and tried to lift, nothing. I'm guessing there's some type of harness holding it down, y/n?



I looked and i saw like 3 rusted bolts below my battery, this sucks because my ratchet doesn't have an extension to get that low, there's not enough room between the battery and the car to get a ratchet in there without the proper extension. Is there any other way without the extension and should it come out when I loosen 1 bolt or will it take all 3?



I'm not too car savy so I always like to double check, before doing anything.



1994 ford taurus if it makes a difference.Why won't my battery come out of my car, is their a harness, if so what's the easiest way?Bolt holding down the plastic retainer in the center on the side of the battery a extension is required
Why won't my battery come out of my car, is their a harness, if so what's the easiest way?
get the extra extensions OR get a cutting torch
Why won't my battery come out of my car, is their a harness, if so what's the easiest way?
It most likely is a %26quot;can't see%26quot; issue at the bottom of the battery. Near the middle of the bottom of the battery there should be a wedge shaped plastic block with a bolt going through it down into a captured nut (welded to the battery tray). Lots of rust and corrosion will hide it but its there. You do need a extension on your socket to reach it. If its badly corroded it might be rounded off or crack when you try to loosen it.
  • layered hair
  • body waxing for guys
  •