Monday 17 October 2011

My car won't start, I had it jumper cable charge and after turning it off, it doesnt start again?

My car battery died and i had my neighbor help me by using a jumper cable and getting it started. I drove for 10 minutes to a store and parked the car. When i got back to my car, the car wouldnt start again. Then i had a friend come and do it for me. I drive around for an hour and i parked the car in my driveway. I tried it again and it still doesnt work. Should i change my car battery or is something else wrong with itMy car won't start, I had it jumper cable charge and after turning it off, it doesnt start again?Get the car running again, and have someone check the voltage. If it's below 13 volts your Alternator isn't working. If it is closer to 14 volts, probably your battery. Do you have a gauge in your car? Either a voltage gauge or an Ammeter? If you have an Ammeter, it should go to the positive range for a while after starting.



Shocked said; While it is running, disconnect the battery



This is not recommended for any modern car.
My car won't start, I had it jumper cable charge and after turning it off, it doesnt start again?
sounds like the battery
My car won't start, I had it jumper cable charge and after turning it off, it doesnt start again?
While it is running, disconnect the battery, if the car continues to run, then your battery is bad. If not, then your alternator is bad.
Probably needs a new battery, or a new alternator. Most likely a new battery since it won't hold the charge when off. Try starting it, let it run, turn it off, then immediately back on. If it turns over, you most definitely need a new battery. If not, then it may be a battery it may be something more serious. Most auto parts stores will check it for free.
Should have a charging system check done. Make sure to check battery, alternator and starter. Make sure all cables are tight first to the battery. Sounds like needs new battery.
yes, change the battery, take it to batteryplus store they can test it.. if with new battery, the car still won't start,, it may be your starter or the cellanoise (bad spelling).



i think the batterplus store can test for alternator, battery and maybe starter too. not sure
Take your car to an autozone and ask them to test the battery. They may have to take it out of the car and charge it to test it. Batteries don't charge up well using only the cars charging system. I'd bet that you need a new battery!
You need a new battery. If this only happens after driving at night, you may need an altenator.
Probably a bad battery. Go to your local Autozone, they check it free and install a new one.
open your bonnet and get a bottle of engine oil, then just pour the oil all over the engine and close the bonnet that should lubricate the engine and help it start.