Wednesday 26 October 2011

Dead Car Battery?

I believe my car battery died. It started when my radio went wild, and I figured when I shut my car off it wouldn't start back up. I was able to jump and take very long drives with it 3 times, but right before getting my battery changed, it also died on me when i was driving very slow around a turn, but it also seemed like it was chugging for gas/power or something. Also the dash lights, and meters started to twitch and click uncontrollably, for about 5 minutes. I was still able to jump it after that.



Changed the battery, and the car started up fine, but the battery light is still on, and now the check engine light is on. I guess the question is, is it possible the battery is not charging, although it seems the alternator is fully functional?Dead Car Battery?What you are describing is classic %26quot;alternator is dying%26quot; symptoms. Pull the alternator/voltage regulator and take it to the parts counter at the local parts dealer. They can test it and let you know what's up.
Dead Car Battery?
I would say your alternator is bad.
Dead Car Battery?
alternator is fully functional.... so you had it tested.... think maybe i would jump it off and drive it to the nearest place to have it check take only a minute