Friday 7 October 2011

My car won't start. I just changed the battery, too.?

I changed the battery on my car yesterday and it started fine. But this morning, the car won't start again. No sound at all. No power on dashboard, lock, window, radio... The new battery is supposed to set on 12V. But it now only has 3 to 4V. How could the voltage go down so much in overnight?



Does anyone have idea where the problem might be? Where should I check?

Is it something I can fix on my own?



Thank you very much for your help.My car won't start. I just changed the battery, too.?it's not the alternator. The engine wouldn't have been running if the voltage had been 3 to 4 volts. Something is draining the battery overnight. Accessories that someone didn't install right sometimes. If it's not obvious what's killing the battery, someone needs to hook up an amp meter to see the draw and start pulling fuses and disconnecting stuff to find out what the culprit is.

And a check with a voltmeter while the engine isn't running to verify the alternator is OK.
My car won't start. I just changed the battery, too.?
either it is the alternator or a wire connected to it
My car won't start. I just changed the battery, too.?
sounds like the battery is completely dead or the connections are loose. Trace the wires from the batter back to the box. Also if you can make the battery clamp move its not tight enough. A loose ground can be a real pain in the but.