Monday 17 October 2011

How can I get the code to unlock my car radio?

I recentely changed my cars battery and now the radio is locked. It is an Acura 3.2 cl '03. How do I go about getting the code to unlock it?How can I get the code to unlock my car radio?check your log book it should be in there or go to a dealer who has the same car and they can find out what it is and they will find out what it is
How can I get the code to unlock my car radio?
Go to the dealer... make sure you have information proving you are the legal owner. Some... Some dealers will not give out the code without a title some other proof you own it.



As for how much it costs, I'd call and ask. Some may charge, as someone else's answer suggests, close to $80. Others may be more lenient. You may try talking to someone in a different department, like parts. They may be willing to bend the rules if you're just looking for that code...





One last thing. If this is the radio that came with YOUR car, you should check the manual. A lot of times it's listed in there... Check it out before you do anything.
How can I get the code to unlock my car radio?
take it to the dealer ....they will charge u about 80 bucks.....yes it is a rip off but nothing else u can do.....