Saturday 24 September 2011

Should I change the battery on my car after 6 years if it still starts?

I have an 2003 Ford Focus with the original battery. Where can I get a decent battery fairly cheap? Everyone wants about $90.Should I change the battery on my car after 6 years if it still starts?Unless you want to go out some cold morning this fall or winter and find a totally dead battery you should change it now. Is $90 dollars spread over a six year period really such a big price? That's only about $15 a year. If you shop around you may find one a few bucks cheaper at Sam's or Walmart one.
Should I change the battery on my car after 6 years if it still starts?
If it still works fine, keep on trucking!

I am still on the stock batteries in my truck and its an 2002.



You could try the auto parts places or walmart.
Should I change the battery on my car after 6 years if it still starts?
ask walmart to run a load test on it. it's free.
If it still starts what wrong? Go to a local shop and get a capacitance test on the battery (much more accurate than a load test) to determine the batteries ability to accept a charge. You get what you pay for...$60 a Wal*Mart.
Definitely. Anything over 3-4 years you are on borowed time. Most batteries(good ones) will be priced in the $90-100 range. I would try a good Interstate battery. They are nationwide and can help in case of warranty when needed as well.
should have been done at 3 year intervals and you are damn lucky it didnt take out the alternator about 450 for that little baby/replacing batterys is a maintenance item you can make it a major repair
90 bucks isnt bad for a battery thatll last 5 yrs,,, but if your wanting cheap you can always goto a junkyard battery,25 bucks, ive done it but your chances of gettin a battery that is just as old as yours is 50/50...Art.. i would swap it if u live in colder climates,,, it may not make it thru winter and u dont wanna be stranded one nite with a dead battery and only to find u forgot your cell at the house,,, not good...Art
I still have the origional delco-remy batteries in my 02 and 03 chevy's.