Friday 16 September 2011

I have a Viper Alarm system on my evo. I changed the car battery and now my viper remote does not work?

the remote wont unlock, lock, start or do anything to the car. Its like its not recieving the signal? Someone please help me out.I have a Viper Alarm system on my evo. I changed the car battery and now my viper remote does not work?You need to reprogram the remote. This is done every time you install an alarm. The alarm lost power when the battery was replaced, so it lost it's memory and connection to the remotes.



I don't remember the exact step by step, but it should say in the owners manual. You'll need that, and then to find where the installer put the %26quot;valet switch%26quot;. I usually told my guys to install them in or behind the lower driver's side kick panel. Down by the hood release.



If you can't do it that way, you can take it back to the shop that installed the alarm, or any other authorized Viper retailer. Viper alarms have lifetime warranty, and any %26quot;AUTHORIZED%26quot; dealer can fix it them or replace them.



Do the Answer above me, there is no wire next to the battery. If there was, the alarm would be pointless. I could just cut that wire and kill the alarm. STUPID ANSWER.



The other answer don't make much sense either. You can't unplug and reset an alarm. You can only reprogram them, using the valet switch or a DEI bitwriter device.
I have a Viper Alarm system on my evo. I changed the car battery and now my viper remote does not work?
if it has a reset button hold it in for thirty seconds if not unplug it for about five minutes then plug it back in if it still doesn't work get ahold of the manufacturer
I have a Viper Alarm system on my evo. I changed the car battery and now my viper remote does not work?
there is nothing to reset, when they install the new battery they forgot to plug one wire

look for it next to the battery



good luck