Saturday 24 September 2011

Rover 200 car changed the battery in the immobiliser fob now my car wont turn over but i dont have the code?

fob please can any one help as to what i can do many thanksRover 200 car changed the battery in the immobiliser fob now my car wont turn over but i dont have the code?had something similar a while back on rover 400

my fob has 2 buttons on and when i changed the battery in the fob

was told to press the buttons quickly alternatively

it worked for me
Rover 200 car changed the battery in the immobiliser fob now my car wont turn over but i dont have the code?
put the key in the iginiton and turn off and on fast 6 times this should re programme the key

no luck try, key in ignition turn to on position and press lock switch / button on and off 6 times



if this fails ,disconnect the red lead to the battery for a couple of minutes, re connect this will reprogramme the whole car and try key again,as above