Wednesday 21 September 2011

Can a broken brake light switch cause a new car battery to go completely dead overnight?

I've been having a problem with my car not starting. I checked the alternator. No problem. I changed to a new battery. Radio, clock, lights were all turned off. But the next day, the battery is completely dead again.



If the brake light switch is broken on %26quot;On%26quot; position, is it possible that this could drain all the power from the new battery? How do I find out if the brake light switch is a problem?



Thank you for your advice.Can a broken brake light switch cause a new car battery to go completely dead overnight?its shorting somewhere
Can a broken brake light switch cause a new car battery to go completely dead overnight?
if the switch is stuck %26quot;on position%26quot; your brake lights are on all the time