Wednesday 21 September 2011

Change a car battery?

Yesterday(which was a Labour day) I changed a battery in my car, Matrix Toyota. I purchased the battery from Walmart and installed it with spanner, ranch, and some tools by myself.



One of my friends who came from one of foreign countries mentioned about making a hole on the surface for the gas emission from the inside of the battery. He told me I should make a hole somewhere on the surface of the battery and it should be there. Unfortunately I couldn't find any hole.



Have you heard about this? Should I make any hole to prevent an explosion in the future?



I just took out the old battery and put the new one in and wired it.



Anybody can give me advices if you live in united states.



ThanksChange a car battery?All batteries that are sold in the US have vents. They either have caps where you can check the fluid level, or in the case of a sealed battery, there is a vent built in. Do not puncture the battery case, that will void any warranty and is not needed.
Change a car battery?
Your friend is incorrect; older style batteries had covers for the filler holes, where occasional replacement of water or electrolyte was needed, and were called a vented type of battery. Modern batteries need no refilling and are called sealed, although most have filler covers still. No need to %26quot;vent%26quot; the batt as your friend says; it does it itself
Change a car battery?
All US batteries today are completely sealed and self-contained. If you punch a hole in it anywhere, you are not only exposing yourself to a dangerous situation, but you will void the warranty!
Your friend's idea was based on conditions way in the past, not in recent times. Modern batteries have everything they need, so you don't have to drill any holes in them. What you did is all you need to do with the battery.
Batteries have a vent already in them. Even maintenance free batteries with no caps on the top. Don't drill a hole in it that's not necessary...........md
do not drill holes into car battery's you have been misled
  • hair braiding
  • vc
  •