Saturday 24 September 2011

Can I change the battery for my car with another, even though they're not the same size?

I have a battery that is almost dead. somebody gave me a new battery, but it's not the same dimensions. The cranking amps are about the same. I would like to know if using that other battery will damage my car?Can I change the battery for my car with another, even though they're not the same size?As long as the lugs fit and it clamps down securely use it .Most car batteries do not vary much in height so I'd say it will fit
Can I change the battery for my car with another, even though they're not the same size?
i would use the same size battery just to be safe.
Can I change the battery for my car with another, even though they're not the same size?
I'd try it out and see if it would work, maybe you'd be lucky
yes
no, u cant use a different size and yes it will damage ur car
The problem is, it will not fit in the space under the hood for the battery. You do not want the battery to fall out! It has to FIT!
Yes if it will fit and the post are on the same side as yours. If your post are on the side and so is the one you were given then you should be in good shape.
as long as it fits, and doesnt short out on the hood or something if it bounces, you will have to secure it,
No probably Not cause any %26quot;damage%26quot; should be completely ok to use as long as it fits where it belongs
no, as long as the voltage is the same
my dad was in the airforce and worked on planes and cars. he was also an auto mechanic for most of his life and still works on cars to this day. He has taught me a lot about cars and i will tell you this....DO NOT use a different size battery. It could cause a lot of damage to the spark plugs because they could have a harder time relaying the message to the engine when you try to start your car. Resulting in your car being unable to start some days. It just is not a good idea whatsoever. If you got the new battery for free, spend the money and get one that actually fits properly. If you bought it somewhere, then return it for the correct size. With ANY piece of equipment in an automobile it is not a good idea to force something to fit that is too small or too big.
size not important. would be nice if you could secure it in place.



minimum amps important.
Like others said the main thing is to make sure the hood clears the battery and if it is a top post battery you can short out the battery if it hits. Other than that most batteries now use the same hold downs (clamping to the notch in bottom of battery) so that generally isn't a problem. Or if you have to in a pinch you can McGuiver it with a rubber bungee cord but not the cloth ones they rot out very quickly from acid. Other than that if it fits in the tray and is 12V you are good to go.
i have the wrong one in my car right now and it has worked for almost 2 years now

as long as it is 12 volt it really shouldnt hurt
  • flirt with women on net
  • hair pictures
  •