Friday 16 September 2011

I changed my car battery today. After I start my car it dies out when I come to a stop.?

I didn't know till after I changed my battery that I had to remove the negative wire first, which I didn't do. Any suggestions on whats the problem? ThanksI changed my car battery today. After I start my car it dies out when I come to a stop.?It sound like you have a Dodge Vehicle. When removing the battery on some vehicles it causes the PCM to loose the Idle Learn. This can be reset by two ways. Driving it and the Vehicle relearns by itself or bringing it to a shop and have them reset the Idle Learn.Last but not least did you unplug any wires or vacuum hoses in the process and forget to reconnect?
I changed my car battery today. After I start my car it dies out when I come to a stop.?
Llrez, I think you a fuel pump problem, or a carbeurator problem. Once you change the battery, positive and negative wires stay attached.
I changed my car battery today. After I start my car it dies out when I come to a stop.?
it's your alternator it is not charging your battery
There should be a neg %26amp; pos. spot on your battery for in case of jump starting.

Please, have the battery checked by the place you got it from to see if there is a dead cell in it or not. May have to trade it back for one that works.

Take care.
Was the new battery charged? If not, have you allowed it time to charge? If you keep doing short journeys it won't charge.