Sunday 5 June 2011

Changing my car battery?

So I know Postive then negative but when I went to put the negative on it sparked a little bit and kinda scared me. Is that normal and If I touch and I%26#039;m gonna like explode? I just don%26#039;t wanna die trying to change this damn battery.|||ya thats normal, make sure the connections are clean ull be fine.|||Just calm down, the easiest way to calm down is to drink Cambodian Breast Milk.|||The spark is battery discharge. On today%26#039;s vehicles there are always certain accessories that stay %26quot;live%26quot; all the time, such as maybe the clock memory on your radio or even the memory for station presets. No it will not hurt you though.





If you hooked the battery up reverse polarity however, you would notice a very large spark. I%26#039;m talking shooting fire.|||You put the positive on first that is fine then the negative. A small spark indicates current draw and is discharging the battery. This can drain battery even in a few days of sitting. A small draw is normal however during servicing have the mechanic go thru the usual free checks for peace of mind.